In the battle Kentico vs Sharepoint who wins? What is the advantage of migrating my Sharepoint site to Kentico? Is Kentico an alternative to intranets?
The purpose of this article is to give you information in an abbreviated form so that you can reach your own conclusions.
What is SharePoint?
SharePoint "can refer to one or more SharePoint products or technologies, including:
SharePoint Online - A cloud-based service, hosted by Microsoft, for businesses of all sizes. Instead of installing and deploying SharePoint Server on local servers or in the cloud, any company can sign up for a Microsoft 365 plan or the standalone SharePoint Online service. SharePoint Online offers additional features and capabilities, such as modern website pages, modern web parts and authoring, modern lists and libraries, modern search, integration with PowerApps, Power BI and Power Automate and the SharePoint home page.
SharePoint Server - Organizations can deploy and manage SharePoint Server locally. There is the possibility of having a hybrid solution that allows to have some features in SharePoint Online and its integration with PowerApps, Power BI and Power Automate.
What is Kentico?
“Kentico” can also refer to one or more products, including:
Kentico Xperience - Content management, digital marketing and commerce tools on a single platform for creating engaging digital experiences across channels, on-premises or in the cloud.
- Engaging and personalized experiences on websites, online stores, email campaigns and on mobile
- Create remarkable digital touch points to engage with customers throughout their journey
- Create solutions using a modern .NET MVC platform with a fast development lifecycle and excellent performance
- Connect the tools that need to extend your solution with third-party applications or custom components
Kentico Kontent - A cloud-based content management platform that streamlines the production and delivery of content, offering programmers all the benefits of a Headless CMS.
- Take advantage of native cloud content management - to create content from anywhere, with no maintenance or downtime
- Enjoy a Headless CMS, but better and build it your way with the content delivered via API
- Collaborate in your company to maximize your team's experience with online suggestions, tasks and analysis
- Integrate with your favorite tools and add content to your microservice architecture
Kentico vs SharePoint
Kentico is a market-leading corporate web content management system (CMS) based on ASP.Net MVC and SQL Server. For those who know SharePoint On-premises you can see some similarities in the technologies used.
It is no secret that SharePoint has guidelines that dissuade organizations from creating public sites, including the elimination of public Office365 sites. The SharePoint path is clearly seen in what is being done with M365. It is a wide variety of services that unite an organization using the Power Platform.
Kentico follows the focused path of a CMS developed for public websites. Understanding the changes and adapting to the power of the web, Kentico is a branded digital marketing and e-commerce powerhouse.
Kentico focuses on the experience of its website visitors and the ability to convert them into customers. Items such as forms, A / B tests, events and registration are part of the package. Kentico has been around since 2003 and has thousands of websites worldwide.
With Microsoft's focus on SharePoint in 365, Kentico is a fantastic complement in terms of public website software that can display SharePoint information dynamically and securely. Here is a key: it is bidirectional.
Kentico allows you to access data stored on a SharePoint server (Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013/2016 / Online) and display it on your website. You can achieve this by setting up a SharePoint integration connection and placing the SharePoint web part, in combination with another web part displaying the content, on a selected page.
If your company already uses SharePoint and is considering a public website CMS system like Drupal, WordPress and the like, consider these factors:
- Kentico has a very reasonable and transparent licensing structure
- Kentico Support 24X7
- Kentico is focused on usability and flexibility
Since 2017, Torpedo has been a partner of Kentico and for this reason we are the ones looking to conduct the migration process safely.
In addition, we can design your company's new website according to the identified needs.
We are available to answer any questions, so you can contact us to arrange a meeting via email email@example.com